Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Why Am I Writing About Country Music?





Why country music you ask? The answer is that country happens to be my favourite genre of music. Country music is for every moment in life, it has the great stories, lyrics that explain a situation perfectly, and the ability to make people think, feel and reflect on a memory. A good country song takes a page out of somebody's life and puts it into music. 

Country is the music I turn to, and I feel my life is a country song. Its been the words when I couldn't find them, a friend when I've been alone, its been a toast to things to remember and the strength for moving on. Music, plain and simple, is my therapy, and not a day goes by without me listening to country.

Singing, songwriting, and music in general have always been my passion in life, and is something that will always be with me. I am constantly looking for new artists and new songs by my favourite artists. My primary hobby happens to be attending music concerts, and I don't plan on slowing down anytime soon.

This blog is dedicated to those who want to join the country music family, to appreciate the storytelling that country music does so well in conveying for it's listeners. As a singer myself, I hope to give a unique perspective on finding artists to follow. I am excited to share new songs by artists you may already know or help you discover new talent that you become a fan of.

My dream is to one day make it to Nashville, and take in all that country music has to offer. Until then, hopefully I can bring a little music city to you through my page.


                 





3 comments:

  1. Hope to read some cool stuff about the pioneers like Waylon and Willie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about country but I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have a passion for country music Stephanie. Wishing you well on your journey to Nashville!

    ReplyDelete