Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Thomas Rhett




Thomas Rhett Akins Jr, the son of country singer-songwriter Rhett Akins seems like he was born to be a country music singer. Better known by his stage name Thomas Rhett, he is an American country music singer-songwriter signed to Valcory Music Group, who is bringing soul back to country and following in his father Rhett Akins footsteps. Akins has charted five singles from his debut album "It Goes Like This" and has also written singles for Jason Aldean, Lee Brice and Florida Georgia Line. 

The album's fifth single, "Make Me Wanna”,  brings a funky new sound from a relative newcomer who is quickly solidifying himself as a country mainstay. Thematically, “Make Me Wanna” fits in classic country music. The lyrics, about a guy loving a woman so much that she makes him just a little bit crazy, have been sung time and time again but the melody in the song makes up for that. 

Rhett describes the song as having a Bee Gees sound. The Bee Gees 70’s inspired tune features staccato drum and piano undertones but with a perfect blend of twangy guitars to keep the song’s sound just true enough for any pure country fan. 

Rhett actually wrote “Make Me Wanna” more than three years ago, but says he still has yet to get sick of it. As a fan of his, I have this new single on repeat and I’d have to say the same! Big things are starting to happen for this up and coming mega country fella. 

Be sure to listen to “Make Me Wanna” by clicking on the link below! His edge and solid vocals will “make you wanna” play it over and over again.








6 comments:

  1. I just started listening to country music this past summer. I had no idea that he wrote songs for such big artists. Hopefully he can continue this success and make a bigger name for his own career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to the song and I have to say, not bad! I'm am NOT a fan of country music, but my girlfriend is, so I have to learn to love it. Finding good songs such as these helps me ease into this music genre. Thanks Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a bigger fan of country, but I lost it after every new song started to sound the same. This guy has more soul, which is awesome. I'm going to go look up more of his stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where, but I have heard this song before! It's actually not too country sounding, so I don't mind it- catchy, and I like his style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not so much of a country fan but I really enjoyed this song.

    ReplyDelete